Natural Fabrics are better for curtains and drapery
Natural fabrics are an ideal choice for window treatments, clothing and throughout your home. Synthetic or man-made fabrics have long been used in households and while some have advantages (less expensive to make), most cannot offer the benefits that natural drapery fabrics can.Natural fabrics include wool, hemp, silk, linen and cotton. Even better, choose those that are organic. Look at why natural fabrics are the way to go.
- They feel great and are less irritating to your skin. Natural fibers allow air to circulate better, too.
- They do not contain chemicals found in many man-made products. This means they are healthier to have around your home and better for the environment.
- The manufacturing process for manmade fabrics involves dying and bleaching which could affect allergies.
- Chemical treatments placed onto man-made products make them easy to care for, but chemicals such as formaldehyde and ammonia are not good for people.
- Insecticides and fungicides are commonly used on manmade fabrics when they are stored in warehouses (ensure your natural fabrics are not stored this way, either.)
- Natural fabrics consume fewer resources. The environment easily renews many within a few years.
- They are more able to drape, meaning they are more pliable and work better to give you that natural look.