Have you seen the numerous types of roman shades on the market? Consider options such as Austrian shades, balloon shades, tear drop shades, sheer roman shades and flat roman shades. There are some excellent choices, which allow you to better customize the look of any room in your home. Take the time to choose the right roman shades for the type of window you have that matches it in style, shape and size ideally. Consider the following tips before you invest in roman shades for your home and your windows.
Consider the following types of roman shades and how you can use them within your home:
- Austrian Shade: This is the older style, what you might consider the original style of roman shades. Ideal for the squared window, these shades are personalized in pattern and color to match your needs.
- Balloon Shades: More lavish and “rich” looking, this option is ideal for a room where high-end style is important. It works well with various shapes of windows and is best when customized.
- Flat Roman: As their name implies, these roman shades are flatter and offer a more modern look. They work well in most spaces and are tailored to fit the window.
- Tear Drop Roman Shades: The teardrop shade is a bit more specialized. Use it where you have a unique shape or you want to make a statement.
- Sheer Roman: As the name implies, this type of shade is constructed out of a sheer fabric, which allows light to penetrate through easily.
With so many options, you can choose the right roman shade for virtually any room of the home. Take the time to consider the most constructed looks for a modern, clean look and the less constructed for an older style.
Window Treatment Ideas